Today, OCN-SIM FLEX received a major update. I merged in almost 3 months of work from my private development repo and considered the changes meaningful enough to take the leap from v0.1.3 to v0.2.
Major changes include:
- Ability to import raw data in addition to generating data based on rope system files
- New loadcase to illustrate raw data import capability:
- New example loadcase
- Lots of changes in internal data structures making life easier for programmers (hopefully!)
- Implemented merge node feature for RRF solvers (hardcoded boolean paramter).
Nodes in secondary constraints can now be merged to one node leading to a numerically
equal treatment of both primary and secondary constraints.
- Introducing component-wise PID force elements. These can serve e.g. as a substitute for
the formerly used spring elements to couple rigid bodies to the rest of the system. Can be
used as spring/damper combinations as well by setting integral constant to zero.
I love Fridays.